A Note about First Tee Health Protocols
First Tee of Greater San Antonio is prepared to hold activity-based camp programs following the outlined health and safety protocols. We are confident that if certain measures such as cloth face coverings or non-medical grade masks, social distancing, frequent hand washing / hand sanitation and environmental cleaning and sanitizing are widely observed, we can provide a safe setting.
The virus that causes COVID-19 can infect people of all ages. COVID-19 is spread from person to person through contact that is close enough to share droplets generated by coughing, sneezing, speaking, and even just breathing. COVID-19 can also be spread by touching objects where contaminated droplets have landed. Because of this easy manner of transmission, children who are infected with COVID-19 can spread the infection to others they come in close contact with, such as members of their household, staff, or other children. We have learned that infected persons with mild or even no symptoms can spread COVID-19.
Every parent is responsible for providing care or education for children and youth must be aware of these facts and be willing to comply with the infection control measures that will be in place. Parents should monitor the health of their children and not send them to the program if they exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19.
Health Protocol – Plans
- First Tee will provide a notice to the parent or guardian should anyone, staff or campers, become infected with COVID-19. The parent or guardian may choose to either pick up their children, or to let the child remain and trust First Tee to take appropriate safeguards.
- Parents and guardians please be aware of the enhanced risks of children being in direct contact with anyone age 65 or older for 14 days after the end of the camp session.
- First Tee will deep clean and sanitize the facility prior to the start of a new camp session.
Health Protocols – Children
- All efforts to maintain at least 6 feet separation from other individuals not within the same household while your child is attending the camp. If such distancing is not feasible, other measures such as face covering, hand hygiene, cough etiquette, cleanliness, and sanitation should be rigorously practiced.
- Please make sure to self-screen for any new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19.
- Children will be required to wash or disinfect hands upon entering the facility or program and after any interaction with staff, other children, or items in the facility.
- To the extent children bring their own equipment to the facility, they should disinfect the equipment before and after use.
- Children will wear cloth face coverings (over the nose and mouth) when entering the facility or program, or when within 6 feet of another person who is not a member of the individual’s household. If available, children should consider wearing non-medical grade face masks.
Health Protocols – Staff
- All staff have been trained on appropriate cleaning and disinfection, hand hygiene, and respiratory etiquette.
- All staff will be screened each day for any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19.
- Staff with underlying conditions will not be allowed to attend or staff camp sessions.
- All staff will wear cloth face coverings (over the nose and mouth).
- Staff will do their best to mitigate environmental exposures by additional cleaning and disinfecting of symptomatic staff’s work area, common areas, and bathrooms.
- If a staff member tests positive for COVID-19, the staff member will immediately leave the camp.
- When an individual tests positive for COVID-19, First Tee San Antonio will notify all parents or guardians of children. The staff will not be able to return to camp until proper quarantine guidelines by the CDC. The parents or guardians may decide to either pick up their child from the camp or leave the child in the camp and trust the camp to take appropriate safeguards.
Health Protocols – Facilities
- First Tee regularly and frequently cleans and disinfects any regularly touched surfaces, such as doorknobs, tables, chairs, and restrooms.
- First Tee regularly disinfects items that encounter staff, participants, parents, and patrons.
- Hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, soap, and water, are readily available to staff, participants, parents, and patrons.
- First Tee will place readily visible signage to remind everyone of best hygiene practices.
Health Protocols – Activities
- First Tee has developed a Hygiene Plan to include:
- Sanitization of all program areas.
- Sanitization of First Tee equipment before and after use.
- Hand washing or hand sanitizing before and after activities.
Now more than ever, we need to work together. Please note, health protocols cannot anticipate every unique situation. First Tee of Greater San Antonio is required to adhere by special safety standards, and minimum standard health protocols established for all activities. All of these factors mean that while certain precautions against the spread of COVID-19 can and will be applied to First Tee, because of the hidden nature of this threat, everyone should rigorously follow the practices specified in these protocols, all of which facilitate a safe setting. The virus that causes COVID-19 is still circulating in our communities. We will continue implement and update practices that protect everyone, including those who are most vulnerable.
For more information about First Tee Golf Camps, please call Greg Klemm at (210) 736-8701 or email at email@example.com.